SALT LAKE CITY — Here's a look at the news for Feb. 4.
Some states govern by initiative. Will Utah become another California? Read more.
- Jay Evensen: Is it time to restrict voter initiatives?
- Utah lawmakers put up stop sign on medical marijuana bills after Prop. 2 compromise
Two young adults infiltrated an immigration detention center in Florida. This Sundance film shows what they found. Read more.
President Donald Trump is set to deliver the State of the Union this week. But does the event create a misconception of presidential power? Read more.
Read more about the science behind keeping Utah Jazz center Rudy Gobert’s million-dollar body functioning at a higher level.
The New England Patriots defeated the Los Angeles Rams, 13-3, in the lowest scoring Super Bowl ever. Read more.
- Twitter celebrates Gladys Knight's Super Bowl national anthem performance
- Twitter slams Maroon 5, Travis Scott for Super Bowl halftime show. Here's why it was called 'uncomfortable'
Trying to catch up on the Utah Legislature? Here are five stories you don’t want to miss.
A look at Sundance Film Festival coverage:
- Sundance film shows the dark side of China's one-child policy
- First trauma, then LARPing: Sundance’s 'The Magic Life of V' examines a unique therapy
- Movie review: 'Mike Wallace is Here' is one of the Sundance's most fascinating 2019 films
- Sundance is showing a film about Satanists. What does it have to do with religious liberty?
- Here's Springsteen's take on the Sundance film about his career
A look at our most read stories:1 comment on this story
- Charges: Utah musician convinced friends to invest in pot farm that didn't exist
- BYU men's basketball: Gavin Baxter explodes in his first career start, leading the Cougars to a 67-49 win over Loyola Marymount
- Still on the library waitlist for Tara Westover's 'Educated'? Here's why
- Michael and Jenet Erickson: Debate over New York abortion law ignores alternatives
- Sticker shock: Utah family facing $50K rabies vaccination bill
News from the U.S. and world:
- Trump ignites new immigration furor ahead of State of the Union | CNN
- The Pentagon will deploy another 3,750 U.S. troops to Mexican border | CNBC
- Trump calls for keeping troops in Iraq to watch Iran, possibly upending ISIS fight | The New York Times
- Venezuela's Maduro says Trump making mistakes that will 'stain his hands with blood' | CNN
- Pope Francis makes ‘historic’ Gulf tour amid Yemen crisis and Christian repression The New York Times