SALT LAKE CITY — Here’s a look at the news for Jan. 31.
The Utah Senate approved a replacement for a voter-approved Utah Medicaid expansion. Read more.
Utah lawmaker wants to move drivers’ licenses from wallets to cellphones. Here’s how it would work.
Utah’s food bloggers share their nine favorite Super Bowl snacks. Read more.
The Salt Lake Stallions’ first roster includes 17 players from BYU, Utah and Utah State. Read more.
Utah Rep. John Curtis cries foul over Democrats’ bill to expand Bears Ears National Monument. Read more.
Gov. Gary Herbert says the greatest challenge for Utah may be growth. Read more.
Sundance is showing a film about Satanists. What does it have to do with religious liberty? Read more.
More from our featured voices:
- Jay Evensen: Would you like to pay more for someone to mow your lawn?
- Erin Stewart: Is your daughter silently struggling with anxiety?
- Pignanelli and Webb: The Legislature — the people, the process, outcomes
- Amy Choate-Nielsen: Sometimes, when raising children, you have to hold your breath and hope for the best
A look at our most-read stories:Comment on this story
- 'Cold': FBI, Secret Service failed to crack Josh Powell's encryption
- BYU's Jesse Wade grateful for experiences at Gonzaga; redshirting guard says he's 'playing the best basketball' of his life
- These are the top challenges facing BYU and other religious schools in 2019
- Utah faces this major issue when it comes to its marijuana businesses
- BYU announces 2019 football schedule, which includes four straight Power 5 programs to start year
News from the U.S. and world:
- 'Stay inside': Death toll up to 8 people as Arctic cold blasts Midwest, East | USA Today
- An angry Trump pushes back against his own ‘naïve’ intelligence officials | The New York Times
- Venezuela's Nicolas Maduro says any U.S. invasion would be worse than 'Vietnam' | USA Today
- Parliament becomes Britain’s new Brexit casualty | The New York Times
- Pro-Russian Twitter account used nonpublic material from Mueller's team in effort to discredit Russia probe | CNN