SALT LAKE CITY — Kelly Ripa will appear on “Riverdale” tonight on The CW.
Ripa’s real-life husband, Mark Consuelos, stars on the show as the character Hiram.
Ripa will appear on the show as Hiram’s alleged mistress, named Ms. Mulwray, according to The San Jose Mercury News.
- “After one of their own becomes the target of an unseen assailant, the gang works together to get to the bottom of Riverdale’s latest mystery. Meanwhile, Betty works with a surprising ally to piece together clues about a series of deaths in the town. Elsewhere, a spiraling Archie sets out on a new path.”
- According to E! News, Ripa’s character was previously described as "confident and tough, she's a beautiful, icy, femme fatale who gets caught up in a conspiracy that's much bigger than she initially realized."
Ripa told E! News she was surprised by the script, too.Comment on this story
- "I've been preparing myself for this for 25 years, so I feel like I'm pretty good at playing a mistress. It's an unexpected twist, though," she said. "It's not what you expect. It's not what I expected. I didn't get my script until the day before — it's all carefully guarded — and my role is not what I expected at all."
Fun: Consuelos told People magazine that he was excited to work with his wife.
- “I’m really excited,” Consuelos told People. “The Consuelos family one by one is going be on Riverdale. I love it!”
- “It was so much fun,” he said. “We got to spend the weekend up in Vancouver (where Riverdale is filmed) and we had a nice little weekend there.”