SALT LAKE CITY — Here’s a look at the news for Jan. 30.
Utah faces this major issue when it comes to banking of marijuana businesses. Read more.
These are the top challenges facing BYU and other religious schools in 2019. Read more.
Utah has launched a new cold case database. Read more.
Doctors group says studies show air pollution even more damaging than we thought. Read more.
Utah Jazz guard Donovan Mitchell to play in Rising Star challenge. Read more.
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has sued a Navajo woman over settlement in abuse case. Read more.
A look at our politics coverage:
- Newly sworn-in Salt Lake County Mayor Jenny Wilson vows to have listening ear
- Resolution would make Utah Constitution gender neutral
- Utah House passes criminal code cleanup bill that would repeal laws against adultery, sodomy
- How much did Utah spend to keep state's national parks open during shutdown?
- Utah's chief justice emphasizes judicial innovations in speech to Legislature
A look at our most-read stories:Comment on this story
- 'I’m a highly imperfect being and I’m OK with that': David Crosby premieres brutally honest documentary at Sundance Film Festival
- Doctor sues actress Gwyneth Paltrow over collision at Utah ski resort
- Hruska's Kolaches appeared on 'Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives.' Here are other Utah restaurants featured on Guy Fieri's show
- University of Utah doctor killed in Sugar House murder-suicide
News from the U.S. and world:
- Extreme cold gripping Midwest does not debunk global warming, experts say | NBC News
- Here's your answer when someone asks 'How can it be so cold if there's global warming?' | CNN
- Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro tells Russian TV Trump ordered his assassination | CBS News
- Brexit: E.U. 'united' on deal as Theresa May asks for talks | BBC News
- North Korea nuclear: U.S. intelligence report says regime to keep weapons | BBC News