SALT LAKE CITY — Here’s a look at the news for Jan. 29.
Utah lawmakers intend to fight voter-approved Medicaid expansion. Read more.
Should lethal drugs be provided to the terminally ill through telemedicine? Read more.
Make sure you readour up-to-the-hour look at the 2019 Utah Legislature.
Deseret News sports columnist Dick Harmon says the running back position is under scrutiny as BYU prepares for football signing day. Read more.
Utah’s Hruska’s Kolaches appeared on “Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives.” Read more about other Utah restaurants featured on the show.
Officials and the UHSAA have teamed up to remind parents, coaches and fans that sportsmanship matters. Read more.
A look at our most-read stories:
- Democrat Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez quotes the Bible in response to Sarah Sanders' take on climate change
- Fire at St. George stake center intentionally set, fire officials say
- Guest commentary: Here's who the Utah Jazz might target at the trade deadline
- Should you drink ginger ale when you're sick? Here's what experts say
- University of Utah doctor killed in Sugar House murder-suicide
A look at our Sundance coverage:Comment on this story
- Mindy Kaling's Sundance charmer takes office politics into the 'Late Night'
- David Crosby premieres brutally honest documentary at Sundance Film Festival
- A ‘Shockingly Evil’ Ted Bundy film, made palatable by additions (Zac Efron) and omissions (gore)
- 6 degrees warmer: Kevin Bacon hands out blankets at Salt Lake Rescue Mission
News from the U.S. and world:
- U.S. files charges against China's Huawei and CFO Meng Wanzhou | BBC News
- Democrats’ 2020 presidential contest is wide open as danger mounts for Trump, new Washington Post-ABC News poll shows | Washington Post
- Our dreams of peace: Envisioning an end to war in Afghanistan | The New York Times
- Guaido says he's still willing to consider amnesty for Maduro, military | CNN
- Theresa May forces lawmakers to show their cards on Brexit | NBC News