SALT LAKE CITY — Here’s a look at the news for Jan. 24.
President Donald Trump’s administration moves to protect faith-based foster care agencies that don’t serve LGBT couples. Read more.
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will not oppose hate crimes legislation. The church also clarified its previous position. Read more.
Utah Rep. Ben McAdams says the border wall could be part of shutdown solution. Read more.
Things got chippy last night in Utah’s win over Denver.Read more.
BYU football is enjoying the benefits as freshmen are getting significant playing experience. Read more.
In our opinion, the Covington Catholic High School controversy highlights the harm of instant certainty. Read more.
Forget "Jurassic Park." See the real thing at the Natural History Museum of Utah's Dinofest 2019. Read more.
Here are our most-read stories:
- Carmelo Anthony just got traded for a 2008 Utah Jazz draft pick who never played in the NBA — what?
- Q&A: 'This is where it all started for us' — Utah's 5 Browns talk hometown show, new music and healing
- Shutdown, border wall dominate Utah Sen. Mitt Romney's first town hall
- Ten-year-old dies by suicide after being bullied for his colostomy bag
- Lawyer: No proof nurse raped Arizona patient who had baby
Read more from our featured voices:Comment on this story
- Jay Evensen: Should the people be allowed to overturn city planning decisions?
- Tiffany Gee Lewis: Redshirt your kindergartener? Go for it
- Josh Terry: Sundance is coming to save you from the worst month of the year
- Arianne Brown: Thoughts on the Cedar High 'Redmen’ mascot from a CHS alumni
- Rockmonster Unplugged: Yes, coaching is slightly unhealthy, but Utah's Lynne Roberts is loving it
News from the U.S. and world:
- Pelosi claims win over Trump in State of the Union showdown | CNN
- White House confirms President Trump sent letter to Kim Jong Un | CNN
- Venezuela crisis: Maduro cuts ties with U.S. after it recognises opposition leader | BBC News
- Striking LA teachers return to class as Denver teachers prepare to walk out | ABC News
- At least 91 people killed, dozens injured in Mexico gasoline pipeline explosion | CNN