SALT LAKE CITY — Disney fans will get their first look at the Disney Plus streaming service in April, Bloomberg reports.1 comment on this story
- The first display will happen at an investor meeting on April 11.
- The video service will debut in 2019 with a slew of content from Marvel, Pixar and other brands, which are all owned by Disney.
- Disney Plus will be the third Disney-owned streaming company behind ESPN Plus and Hulu.
Disney has not responded to the Deseret News’ request for comment.
The other side: Disney’s arrival into the streaming field isn’t worrying Netflix CEO Reed Hastings.
- Hastings said during a Netflix investors call that Disney isn’t the main threat, according to Quartz.
- “They have great content,” Hastings said about Disney. “We’re excited for their launch, and maybe they grow over a couple years to 50 million (viewing) hours a day, but that’s out of the billion.”