SALT LAKE CITY — For a few seconds, Twitter was worried about Betty White.
Betty White’s name starting trending on Twitter Thursday morning. And, according to numerous Twitter members, people were worried that she might have passed away.
This is a common reaction when a celebrity or public figure’s name trends on Twitter.
Social media members felt the same last night when Donny Osmond started trending because he’s rumored to be the Peacock on “The Masked Singer.”
They also felt that way for James Earl Jones, who turned 88 today.
But really, it’s just Betty White’s birthday. She turns 97 today.
Here are five quotes from the famous actress.1 comment on this story
- “I have no regrets at all. None. I consider myself to be the luckiest old broad on two feet.” (Guinness World Records interview)
- “There's no formula. Keep busy with your work and your life. You can't become a professional mourner. It doesn't help you or others. Keep the person in your heart all the time. Replay the good times. Be grateful for the years you had.” (Time Goes By)
- “I’m a health nut. My favorite food is hot dogs with French fries. And my exercise: I have a two-story house and a very bad memory, so I’m up and down those stairs.” (New York Times)
- “If you're walking with your lady on the sidewalk, I still like to see a man walking street-side, to protect the lady from traffic. I grew up with that, and I hate to see something like that get lost. I still like to see that a man opens the door. I like those touches of chivalry that are fast disappearing. If I sound old-fashioned, it's because I'm as old as I am! But it's just polite.” (The Chicago Tribune)
- “I had no idea that I would still be around at this point for one thing, but that I’d still be privileged enough to still be in this business. And it is such a privilege. And the bottom line I think to the television business is that unless you’re a real bad egg, it is such fun. It really is. Thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart.” (Emmy Awards speech)