SALT LAKE CITY — Here’s a look at the news for Jan. 16.
There’s a reason why new Utah Rep. Ben McAdams still doesn’t have an apartment in Washington, D.C. Read more.
This Utah bill would repeal and replace Medicaid expansion initiative, which was previously approved by Utah voters. Read more.
BYU football showed significant improvement in 2018. The team hopes to build on that in 2019. Read more.
Watch Bob Woodward and Elder D. Todd Christofferson talk about Watergate and integrity from an event in Washington, D.C. Read more.
In the latest “Cold” podcast, police plotted to introduce Josh Powell to woman undercover. Read more.
“I wish I didn’t break their hearts.” Sex was consensual or never happened, ex-Utah State football star Torrey Green testifies. Read more.
A review of our sports coverage:
- Spence Checketts' reality check: Rebuilding his life and career while helping others affected by addiction after DUI
Our most-read stories:
- Integrity in government, and why it matters: A conversation with Bob Woodward, Elder D. Todd Christofferson and Michael Dimock
- 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' trailer shows Jake Gyllenhaal as Mysterio. Here’s what happened in the Marvel comics
A look at headlines around the U.S. and world:
- Trump and Putin have met 5 times. What was said is a mystery. | The New York Times
- As Brexit deal goes down in flames, exasperated Europe wonders what the Britons want | The Washington Post
- May and Brexit face uncertain future after crushing vote in Parliament | The New York Times
- New California storm brings risk of mudslides, blizzard | NBC News
- 2018 was the hottest year ever recorded for the planet's oceans | CNN