WASHINGTON — Here’s a look at the news for Jan. 14.
Church News reported that President Russell M. Nelson brought words of comfort in a season of sorrow to California fire victims. Read more.
Will honesty and integrity be on trial in 2019? Read more.
Church apostles lead first open house visitors through Rome Italy Temple. Read more.
Utah shooting sparks “panic” at Fashion Place Mall. Police are still searching for three suspects. Read more.
A new Utah program aims to help tech grads stay in Utah with tuition relief. Read more.
Taysom Hill executed a fake punt to help New Orleans rally past Philadelphia. Read more from Utahns in the NFL.
Utah search and rescue crews donated thousands of hours in 2018. Read more.
A look at our InDepth coverage:
- What is truth? Why Pontius Pilate's question still resonates today
- Q&A: Jane Clayson Johnson talks about depression — her own, and what she learned by writing 'a record of resilience and survival'
- How a Salt Lake City drug dealer's 55-year sentence inspired Utah Sen. Mike Lee to change America's criminal justice system
- How warm you are with your children now could impact them later in life, according to Harvard study
- Why does Bob Woodward want to talk about Watergate with Elder D. Todd Christofferson?
A look at our most popular stories:Comment on this story
- The FBI has been tracking crimes against Latter-day Saints for 3 years. Here's why
- Spence Checketts' reality check: Rebuilding his life and career while helping others affected by addiction after DUI
- Mark Hamill suggests new title for 'Star Wars: Episode IX' and it's pretty grand
- Brad Rock: Former Jazz coach Jerry Sloan forgets things, but remembers those who remember him
A look at news around the U.S. and world:
- Transcripts detail how FBI debated whether Trump was 'following directions' of Russia | CNN
- Trump threatens to 'devastate' Turkish economy over Syrian Kurds | BBC News
- Passenger carried gun onto international Delta flight from Atlanta, report says | Fox News
- With warning and EU letter, May tries to pull lawmakers behind Brexit deal | Reuters
- Los Angeles teachers will strike today, leaving 600,000 students in limbo | CNN