SALT LAKE CITY — We finally have an update on “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3.”
What happened: Marvel Studios boss Kevin Feige told MTV News during an interview on the red carpet at the Golden Globes that the film is still on hold.
- "Guardians will happen. When, where, how? For a later time," Feige said.
- Feige also offered comments about James Gunn, who was fired from directing the movie after reports of inappropriate tweets surfaced online, and his decision to jump to DC Comics and make the new “Suicide Squad” movie.
- "I went to see Aquaman last night and I really, really enjoyed it. And you know me, I've always supported (them)," Feige said. "I don't see a rivalry, I see cool films being made. And one thing you know about James Gunn, he makes cool films."
Flashback: Feige said last year that “Guardians” would be delayed during the screening for “Black Panther.”1 comment on this story
- Karen Gillan, who plays Nebula in “Guardians,” said she read the new film’s script but remained unsure about if it’d ever be made, ComicBook.com reports.
- "Our director won’t be with us any longer but we are excited to continue the 'Guardians of the Galaxy' story and keep delivering to the fans," Gillan told People Magazine. "That’s the most important thing. I don’t have any details as to when (the next 'Guardians' film will come out), but there’s a script in existence."