SALT LAKE CITY — Loaded fries and McDonald’s are finally getting hitched.
What’s going on: McDonald’s officially announced the addition of Cheesy Bacon Fries to its iconic menu after months of speculation.
- The new fries will come with real cheddar cheese sauce and smoked bacon bits, according to a new release.
- “People love bacon, and they love our iconic Big Mac, fresh beef Quarter Pounder burgers and World Famous Fries, so we had to see what would happen if we combined all that tastiness,” said Chef Michael Haracz, McDonald’s Manager of Culinary Innovation. “As a bacon enthusiast myself, I’m proud to say that we’ve done right by bacon fans and I can’t wait for our customers to try these Classics with delicious, thick cut Applewood smoked bacon for themselves.”
- The fast-food chain announced a new Big Mac Bacon burger and a Quarter Pounder Bacon burger along with the fries as a part of its “Bacon on Classics” promotion.
Release date: The new additions will be available for a limited time beginning on Jan. 30.6 comments on this story
Flashback: Back in December, McDonald’s employees told Business Insider the restaurant chain will begin adding a “loaded bacon fry station” to their systems, allowing people to order cheesy bacon fries.
- McDonald’s reportedly planned to begin rolling out loaded fries in early 2019. Some test markets received these fries in November.
- "I'm afraid I'll have to provide a cheesy no comment," a McDonald's representative told Business Insider. "At this moment, our kitchens are bacon-ing something together. But we're not yet ready to share the gouda news."