SALT LAKE CITY — Nintendo recently added popular Wii U title “New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe” to the Nintendo eShop, allowing Nintendo Switch gamers to finally play it.
Engadget reports that the title will arrive in stores soon. It will cost $60 both in the eShop and in stores.
- The new game will allow players to compete away from a console thanks to the Nintendo Switch’s on-the-go setup.
- Four players can compete on the local multiplayer function.
- Nintendo added a version of “New Super Luigi U” with the game, which is basically a remix of the “Super Mario” version but with Luigi available as a playable character, according to Polygon. That game also allows you to play as Mario, Luigi, Toad and Nabbit, and, new to the game series, Toadette.
How to download: Head into the eShop and sign in to your Nintendo Account.
- Find the game you want and purchase with either a credit card or Nintendo eShop gift card.
- Download your game and enjoy.
Bigger picture: “Super Mario Bros. U” is just the latest in a slew of games from the Wii U to jump over to the Switch, like “Captain Toad” and “Mario Kart U.”Comment on this story
- “The Wii U may have been a commercial disaster, but it was full of great games that not enough people played,” according to The Verge.
- But the game has its charms — it’s best played on-the-go, like the old Nintendo DS versions of “Super Mario Games” — and works as a companion piece to the large-scale “Super Mario Odyssey” Switch game, The Verge reports.
- “If the wacky ‘Odyssey’ has left you in the mood for some classic Mario, this is the perfect thing,” The Verge says.