SALT LAKE CITY — Mac and cheese fans, rejoice! Costco is selling a 27-pound bucket of macaroni and cheese that will last for 20 years, USA Today reported.
The problem: The bucket sold out (briefly) less than 24 hours after People magazine first reported on the product. But it appears the bucket is available for sale again.
- The Chef Banquet Macaroni & Cheese Storage Bucket was listed as “out of stock” on Costco’s official website, which you can see in the photo below.
- The product, which is now available, costs $89.99 and can serve up to 180 people. That means you’re probably paying $2 per serving.
- “Also, you’re making quite the investment as the product will last a long time — two decades in fact,” according to People.
By the numbers: It’s no surprise this product sold quickly — people love their mac and cheese. In 2016, one poll found mac and cheese more popular than Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton becoming president.
Flashback: The news came after Costco made headlines for selling a 6.6-pound tub of Nutella for $21.99, according to the company’s website.5 comments on this story
- The tub is available online and in stores.
- Costco is also selling Nutella in 26.5-ounce, 33.5-ounce and 1.5-ounce jars.
- Costco will charge an additional $3 for deliveries.
- “If you follow the two tablespoon serving size, you're looking at 81 servings. That's sure to last even the most Nutella-obsessed consumer a good while, and I'm sure it's great for families with tons of kids wolfing down the stuff,” Delish reported.
Other places: Costco isn’t the only retailer to sell the large tubs of Nutella. Apparently, you can buy them at the Webstaurant Store for the same price.
- You can buy them at Mercato for $59.95 and Cerini Coffee & Gifts for $45.
- The cheapest option is $15 at Blair Candy — though, not surprisingly, the item is now out of stock there.