The Avengers are assembling, and it could mean a second trailer for the highly anticipated “Avengers: Endgame” is on its way, too.
What’s happening: According to The Hollywood Reporter, Oscars producers have begun lining up appearances for as many Avengers cast members as possible ahead of the awards show, set to premiere on Feb. 24, 2019.
- The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has thus far remained mum on how the Avengers cast will be incorporated into the awards ceremony.
- The Hollywood Reporter reports that the Academy, which faced controversy over its decision to have comedian Kevin Hart host the show, will instead have a rotating cast of stars introduce show segments this year, which is possibly how Avengers cast members will be involved.
- With “Avengers: Endgame” set to be released this spring, it’s likely we’ll be seeing a second trailer dropped during the awards ceremony, according to multiple reports.
Other recent “Endgame” hints: Robert Downey Jr. appears to have confirmed that Tony Stark survives the heartbreaking outer space journey we saw in the first “Endgame” trailer.
- In a video introducing Audi’s new e-tron GT, Downey says Tony Stark drives the vehicle in the fourth Avengers film. Unless the car belongs to Elon Musk, we can expect that Iron Man will be setting foot on Planet Earth once again.
- Marvel Studios’ Kevin Feige recently said that fans can expect to see only the first 15-20 minutes of the film featured in trailers and ads.
“Avengers: Endgame” is set to release April 26, 2019.