SALT LAKE CITY — Here’s a look at the news for Jan. 11.
What is truth? Why Pontius Pilate’s question still resonates today. Read more.
Why does a legendary reporter want to talk about the Watergate scandal with a church apostle? Read more.
Utah Sen. Mitt Romney says there’s a “good chance” President Donald Trump will declare a border emergency. Read more.
Will Texas Sen. Ted Cruz’s beard ‘promote Middle East peace’? Two Utah rabbis weigh in. Read more.
IRS workers furloughed by government shutdown rally in Ogden. Read more.
LeBron James is unlikely to play. But ex-Ute Kyle Kuzma will lead the Los Angeles Lakers against the Utah Jazz Friday. Read more.
Read more about Willy Wonka, Walter White and the most notorious lies in sports and pop culture.
An appeals court allows family to reinstate lawsuit over death of Susan Powell’s sons. Read more.
A look at your weekend:
- Your Weekend: Take your Queen vocals out of the car and into the theater with ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ singalong
- 10 great board games from 2018
- Movie review: 'The Upside' shows that you don't need wealth to be happy — just Kevin Hart
- The bunheads are coming! Utah's young dancers hope to plié their way to New York City
- Here's how Utah's Dallyn Vail Bayles manages to play 8 roles in HCT's 'A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder'
A look at our most-read stories:4 comments on this story
- Fact check: Is there an immigration crisis at the border as President Trump claims? Here's what we found
- Only two states had fertility levels above replacement levels in 2017. Utah was one of them
- Shake Shack is coming to Utah. Here's what they told us about it
- BYU's Hardnett has returned to team, available to play as Cougs host Portland
A look at the U.S. and world:
- Jayme Closs turns up 'like a ghost' on a Wisconsin street 70 miles from where her parents were shot dead at home | CNN
- Pentagon pushes forward on Syria pullout | The Wall Street Journal
- Trump seeks to expand powers as Mueller, Democrats threaten to constrain | CNN
- Ocean warming is accelerating faster than thought, new research finds | The New York Times
- Michael Cohen, Trump’s former lawyer, agrees to testify to Congress | The New York Times