SALT LAKE CITY — “Star Wars Resistance” will have a second season.
What happened: Disney Channel announced Wednesday that the “Star Wars” series was renewed for a second season with new episodes arriving this fall.
- “Resistance” follows young pilot Kaz, who is recruited to join the Resistance for top-secret missions against the First Order.
- The show reportedly takes place months before “The Force Awakens” but will soon take place during the same time. Oscar Isaac and Gwendoline Christie have reprised their roles as Poe Dameron and Captain Phasma, respectively, for the show.
- The show released a trailer to accompany the announcement.
- The trailer specifically shows scenes from the second half of season one. Those episodes premiere Sunday, according to TV Guide.
Watch the trailer below.
Some takeaways from the trailer:
- There’s a hologram of General Leia Organa asking Kaz to return and join the Resistance movement.
- Kylo Ren’s Command Shuttle soars down onto the planet Colossus, where the show takes place.
- General Hux from “The Force Awakens” and “The Last Jedi” makes an appearance.
- There’s a brief shot of the Starkiller base, a major weapon seen in “Force Awakens.”
Go deeper: Head over to StarWars.com for more highlights from the trailer.