SALT LAKE CITY — Here’s a look at the news for Jan. 10.
Only two states had fertility levels above replacement levels in 2017. Utah was one of them. Read more.
Utah members of Congress worry about federal workers but Republicans are digging in on a border wall. Read more.
Fact check: Is there an immigration crisis at the border as President Donald Trump claims? Here’s what we found.
How should Utah use the $100 million earmarked for air quality improvements? Experts weigh in.
The Utah Jazz’s defense makes Orlando Magic lead disappear during comeback victory. Read more.
Basketball Hall of Fame nominees include two Utah Jazz greats and some more with Utah ties. Read more.
Feeling unmotivated at work? It may be something in the air. Read more.
- Jay Evensen: Some Utah leaders have the yips when it comes to a recession
- Tiffany Gee Lewis: What we leave on the side of the road
- Ralph Hancock: Politeness, loyalty and presidential character
- Hal Boyd: The Babylon Bee's 'unchristian' swipe at Joseph Smith, Mitt Romney
- Arianne Brown: Multiply your joy by sharing time with your children
A look at our most-read stories:Comment on this story
- Two Utah Utes announce plans to transfer
- How Utah leaders reacted to President Donald Trump's border wall speech
- Hardnett 'going through a tough stretch,' Rose says; BYU guard's status uncertain amid reports that he's transferring
- Utah's favorite condiment isn't fry sauce. Can you guess what it is?
- Shake Shack is coming to Utah. Here's what they told us about it
A look at U.S. and world headlines:
- No way out: Trump walks out, Dems remain firm | CNN
- Trump's team had over 100 contacts with Russian-linked officials, report shows | USA Today
- With his country in crisis, Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro begins another six-year term | CNN
- Turkey says will launch Syria attack if U.S. delays troop pullout | Al Jazeera
- Kim Jong Un leaves China with 'backing for second Trump summit' | BBC News
- China's reaction to U.S. Navy operation: We have missiles | CNN