SALT LAKE CITY — Here’s a look at the news for Jan. 9.
An aspiring rapper inspired Utah Sen. Mike Lee to change the U.S. criminal justice system. Here's why.
In an exclusive interview, Bob Woodward talks with the Deseret News about trust and integrity. Read more.
An inmate regrets actions with “entire heart and soul.” Victims fear a release would lead to more abductions. Read more.
Utah leaders reacted to President Donald Trump’s border wall speech. Read more.
Here are 10 things to watch for this year’s All-Star Dual for Utah high school wrestling.
New Utah Rep. Ben McAdams is already setting himself apart from Mia Love. Read more.
A look at our political coverage:
- House panel demands accounting from Utahn tasked in Clinton, Trump probes
- Former Utah GOP Rep. Mia Love promises 'unleashed' talk as CNN commentator
- Here's how the North Ogden City Council will choose a new mayor to replace fallen Maj. Brent Taylor
- Salt Lake County Councilwoman Aimee Winder Newton mulling a 2020 run for governor
A look at our most-read stories:2 comments on this story
- The faces of Utah's 78 homicides in 2018
- Utah Utes wide receiver Siaosi Mariner announces plans to transfer
- Here's how to watch President Donald Trump's speech to the nation tonight
- Hal Boyd: The Babylon Bee's 'unchristian' swipe at Joseph Smith, Mitt Romney
- BYU football: James Empey named freshman All-American; Dallin Holker mission-bound; Isaiah Armstrong transferring
News from around the U.S. and world:
- Trump outlines 'humanitarian crisis' at border while Dems stay in denial | Fox News
- Rosenstein plans to leave Justice Dept. shortly after Barr confirmed | CNN
- U.S.-China trade talks conclude on optimistic note | Bloomberg
- Manafort allegedly lied about giving polling data to Russian: court filing | Reuters
- Kim Jong Un departs Beijing after meetings with Xi Jinping | CNN