SALT LAKE CITY — Susan Boyle returned to the stage during the “America’s Got Talent: The Champions” premiere Monday night.
- Boyle, a former contestant on “Britain's Got Talent” who once wowed the crowd and went on to international success, returned to the stage with a goal in mind.
- "I have something to prove,” she said.
- She went on to sing “Wild Horses” by The Rolling Stones and received a standing ovation from the crowd.
Watch her performance below:
The judges were on her side.Comment on this story
- "I can't think of any other contestant who has defined this show better than if I'm being honest with you. You're the one, you made a huge difference in a lot of people's lives. I'm absolutely thrilled you're here," Simon Cowell said, according to E! News.
- "What an absolute honor and pleasure it is to be sitting here and listening to you (and) your angelic voice. And I want to be the woman who gives you something you deserve," said Mel B, a former Spice Girl.
Boyle received the “golden buzzer” honor, which catapults her into the finals round.
History: Boyle first appeared on “Britain’s Got Talent” back in 2009, USA Today reports. She didn’t win the competition, but she believes the show helped her achieve success, selling 20 million records.
"The Champions" show collects former success stories from "AGT" and pits them against each other.