SALT LAKE CITY — Here’s a look at the news for Jan. 3.
Utah’s new Democratic congressman Ben McAdams already has a target on his back, and he’s not the only one. Read more.
Utah’s senators, Mike Lee and Mitt Romney, plant political flags in different spots when it comes to President Donald Trump. Read more.
See the faces of Utah’s 78 homicides in 2018 in our latest report.
Utah Jazz season ticket prices are going up next year.Here’s why..
Kelly Clarkson and five other big shows are coming to Utah in January. Read more.
The First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints issued a statement on temples. Read it here.
Read more from our featured voices:
- Boyd Matheson: This is no time for 'acting' leadership
- Erin Stewart: Simple parenting resolutions anyone can do
- Jay Evensen: What if plans for the homeless in 2019 don't work?
- Amy Choate-Nielsen: Kids and the weather can be mercurial, but sticking out the storms is worth it
- Lois Collins: Helping homeless folks shouldn't be a one-size-fits-all approach
Here’s a look at our most-read stories:Comment on this story
- The ethics of pelvic exams performed on anesthetized women without their knowledge
- Mitt Romney in The Washington Post: 'The president has not risen to the mantle of the office'
- What do the 'Bird Box' monsters look like? Here's our biggest explanation yet
- Dick Harmon: Trio of QB gurus nailed what BYU's Zach Wilson could do, given time
- Church News: Church announces creation of 4 new missions, dissolving of 12 others
A look at international and national news:
- Trump and Democrats dig in after talks to reopen government go nowhere | The New York Times
- China successfully lands spacecraft on far side of moon, state media says | Fox News
- North Korea's top diplomat in Italy defected, embarrassing Kim Jong Un | Fox News
- Saudi Arabia puts Jamal Khashoggi murder suspects on trial | Al Jazeera
- National parks are closing during the government shutdown because of poop and trash | BuzzFeed News