SALT LAKE CITY — Here’s a look at the news for Dec. 31.
How much screen time is too much? New research shows just how bad screens can be for a kid’s brain. Read more.
Here’s a look at the top 10 Utah news stories of 2018.
Deseret News sports writer Brad Rock explains why it’s not an ordinary bowl game for Kyle Whittingham or the Pac-12.
IPOS, deals, the arrival of Facebook and Amazon market he historic year in Utah’s tech scene. Read more.
Cancer is surpassing heart disease as the leading cause of death in Utah. Read more.
A look at our InDepth coverage:
- Want generous kids? Here's the secret to making it happen
- Here are 10 things studies taught us about the family in 2018
- Social media & sobriety: How Facebook helps people kick a bad habit
- Does child abuse go up if report cards are sent home on Friday?
- Here's what you can buy to help your loved one during inversion season
Here are our most-read stories from over the weekend.Comment on this story
- It was a historic year for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Here's a look back at 2018's major moments
- Astounding Vegas run proves Donny and Marie still have it — together
- The youngest Osmond: Still performing, producing, promoting …
- Leaked 'Avengers: Endgame' toy lineup offers clues to the fate of Hulk, Captain Marvel, Iron Man and Captain America
- Utah Utes' Holiday Bowl opponent 'not your father's Northwestern'
- Syria conflict: Trump 'slowing troop withdrawal', says Lindsey Graham | BBC News
- Armed man in tactical clothing headed to a Texas church to ‘fulfill a prophecy,’ police say | The New York Times
- Four dead, 68 missing in Russia apartment block explosion | CNN
- Northeast to ring in 2019 with snow and ice | CNN
- Way beyond Pluto, an icy world is ready for its close-up | NPR
- 2018, in 5 minutes | Vox