SALT LAKE CITY — Lush is having a buy one, get one free sale to celebrate Boxing Day 2018, a traditional holiday in the United Kingdom.
What’s going on: The company’s BOGO sale, which is one of the only sales the company has through the entire year, began Wednesday afternoon.
- The deal allows you to buy one product and then receive another one free. This applies both in store and online.
- You must select items with a blue BOGO sticker and add them to your cart.
- When you add an even amount of those items, the price will cut in half during checkout.
- You can only buy up to 40 items.
New flavors: Lush released 12 new bath bomb flavors for Boxing Day, too, according to Refinery29. The 12 flavors originated in a Lush poll, which asked “lushies” — users of the Lush bath bombs — to pick their favorite new scents.
Why it matters: Lush conducts the sale every year to celebrate Boxing Day, which is the holiday after Christmas Day that began in the United Kingdom, Vox reported. The company is based out of Poole, Dorset, in the United Kingdom.Comment on this story
- Though its origins are unclear, celebrators honor Boxing Day with watching soccer, handing out gifts, doing charity work and, for some, lots of drinking, according to Vox.
- In more recent years, it’s become more commercialized. For some, it’s become as popular of a shopping day as Black Friday, according to Elite Daily.
- “The drill is more or less the same: Stores offer steep discounts, and people spend hours waiting in line for the chance to 1) buy all the stuff they didn't receive in their Christmas haul, and 2) escape the family members responsible for such shoddy gift buying,” Vox reported.