Stock image
A couple of DUI investigations over the weekend kept law enforcers busy.

PARK CITY — A couple of DUI investigations over the weekend kept law enforcers busy.

Just before 9 p.m. Sunday in Park City, a car rear-ended another vehicle stopped at the intersection of state Route 224 and Canyon's Resort Drive, according to police.

"The complainant reported that after rear ending his car, the suspect vehicle then drove through the median, damaging multiple trees, and then flipped around southbound onto SR-224," according to a statement from Park City police.

The man who was rear-ended followed the suspect vehicle and called police. The fleeing driver went to the Payday condominiums, 1700 Three Kings Dr., and hit two more cars in the parking lot, a Summit County Jail report states.

Officers attempted to give sobriety tests to Aaron Edward Cartwright, 48, who "stumbled and swayed and could not complete the tests," according to the report. After being arrested and taken to the Summit County Jail, Cartwright's blood-alcohol was tested. He measured at .254, or more than three times the legal limit.

Cartwright was arrested for investigation of DUI, failing to remain at the scene of an accident, and two more traffic infractions.

On Friday, in a separate incident, Kimberly Lynn French, 50, was arrested for investigation of four counts of causing an accident with injuries and DUI.

French was driving south on the Bangerter Highway about 11:25 a.m.

"According to video and several witnesses the driver was unable to maintain lane of travel, crossing into lanes both left and right of the vehicle, several times," according to a Salt Lake County Jail report.

French hit a car stopped at a red light, causing a five car crash, the report states.

3 comments on this story

"It did not appear Kimberly applied her brakes prior to the traffic accident. A mix of at least four drivers and passengers involved in the accident sustained several injuries. One victim involved was in critical condition and taken to Intermountain Medical Center," the report states.

French told police "she has several health problems which she treats by taking narcotics, which she stated she took about two and a half hours prior to the traffic accident," according to the report.