SALT LAKE CITY — A new “Star Wars” comic just revealed Anakin Skywalker’s true “father,” confirming a fan theory that’s existed since the release of “Revenge of the Sith.”
Context: In “Star Wars: The Phantom Menace,” we learned that Anakin Skywalker, who would later become Darth Vader, did not have a true father. His mother, Shimi Skywalker (Pernilla August), told Qui-Gon Jinn (Liam Neeson) that there was no father and that she birthed him on her own, implying something close to an immaculate conception.
- Fan theories posited that Anakin (Jake Lloyd and Hayden Christensen) had been created by The Force, or at least someone manipulating The Force to create life.
- And, in “Revenge of the Sith,” Chancellor Palpatine reveals you can create life by manipulating The Force. See the scene below.
- That scene inspired fans, including yours truly, to believe that Palpatine manipulated The Force to create the life of Anakin Skywalker.
Now: The new comic “Darth Vader #25” confirms that Emperor Palpatine manipulated The Force to create Skywalker.7 comments on this story
- As Screen Rants reports, Darth Vader finds a way to become a “roiling figure of dark energy” as he tries to stop a hole between the realm of The Force and real life from opening up and relives many of his life’s most important moments.
- “None more startling than seeing his mother during her pregnancy … with Darth Sidious’ arms encircling her, hands curled in Sith sorcery, forming the swirl of energy inside of her that would one day emerge as Anakin,” according to ScreenRant.
Flashback: In October, the “Darth Vader” comic series revealed that Vader’s castle — which you can see in “Rogue One” — was actually an attempt to bring Padme back to life, according to ComicBook.com.