SALT LAKE CITY — Here’s a look at the news for Dec. 20.
A Utah mother was deported. She left on Christmas Day. Now a year later she lives with the choice she never wanted to make. Read more.
Utah’s population swells more than any other state following the Great Recession. Read more.
A Utah judge reduces Jeremy Johnson’s prison sentence after tearful apology. Read more.
Read our look back at December signing day 2018.
See how this Utah son built his mom the ultimate Christmas gift despite struggles with mental illness. Read more.
Read more from our featured voices:
- Erin Stewart: Why our 'Elf' may soon be on disability leave
- Jay Evensen:Utah doesn't really dislike electric cars, even though it looks that way
- Lois Collins: Grade schooler's lavish praise makes me want to excel at being nice
- Boyd Matheson: Recognize the significance of our insignificant actions
- Amy Choate-Nielsen: Santa, this year, I'm on your side
Our most-read stories:
- Watch: Macaulay Culkin recreates the biggest 'Home Alone' scenes in a new Google Christmas ad
- BYU grad and former NASA engineer goes viral for creating a glitter bomb to catch Amazon package thieves
- What's stopping Utah's Legislature from solving the air pollution problem? Inside the politics of clean air
- College football early signing day central: Complete up-to-the-minute coverage
- Report: University of Utah police understaffed, but student's murder may not have been preventable
A look at national news:Comment on this story
- Putin backs Trump’s move to withdraw U.S. troops from Syria, says Islamic State dealt ‘serious blows’ | The Washington Post
- Trump withdraws U.S. forces from Syria, declaring ‘we have won against ISIS’ | The New York Times
- Putin warns the threat of nuclear war should not be underestimated | CNBC
- Once banned by Trump, Yemeni mother arrives in U.S. to see dying child | NBC News
- U.S. Department of Agriculture moves to tighten restrictions on food stamps | USA Today
- Prime minister's questions: The key bits and the verdict | BBC News