SALT LAKE CITY — Here’s a look at the news for Dec. 19.
- What’s stopping Utah’s Legislature from solving the air pollution problem? We looked inside the politics of clean air.
- This Utah ski area wants parking problems resolved before they make a deal on conservation. Read more.
- Utah County just brought back a $22 million sales tax that voters killed three years ago. Read more.
- Western Michigan is bringing a revitalized defense and a freshman QB to the Potato Bowl. Read more.
- How singing “Silent Night” at a senior care center decades ago led to a Christmas miracle. Read more
A look at our political coverage:
- Utah Attorney General Sean Reyes on shortlist to replace Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke
- Hatch, Curtis bill for human trafficking advisory council goes to president
- Utah County leaders, Gov. Herbert reach deal to end legal standoff over UTA board member
- Advocates fume as new fee on clean fuel vehicles in Utah kicks in Jan. 1
A look at our most-read stories:Comment on this story
- Ahead of Utah visit, 14-year-old ventriloquist, 'AGT' champion Darci Lynne dishes on her smart-mouth puppets
- BYU grad and former NASA engineer goes viral for creating a glitter bomb to catch Amazon package thieves
- You are more likely to have a heart attack on Christmas Eve and these holidays, study says
- Brad Rock: Utah Utes need an offensive coordinator that can live in Kyle Whittingham's world
- The best reactions to James Harden's 'stepback to his stepback' against the Jazz (including Donovan Mitchell's)
A look at national headlines:
- U.S. agrees to aid for southern Mexico and Central America, but not to deal on asylum seekers | The Los Angeles Times
- 100 days to Brexit, businesses and EU ramp up no-deal planning | Reuters
- Brexit: EU reveals no-deal plans | BBC News
- Italy reaches budget breakthrough after the EU initially rejected its 2019 spending plans | CNBC
- Solar system's most distant object is 'Farout' pink dwarf planet | Reuters