SALT LAKE CITY — Here’s a look at the news for Dec. 18.
Utah Attorney General Sean Reyes is on the shortlist to become the new Interior secretary. Read more.
Utah Sen. Orrin Hatch and Rep. John Curtis’ bill for human trafficking advisory council is headed to President Donald Trump. Read more.
The Utah Jazz lost to the Houston Rockets 102-97 on Monday. Read more.
Feds to offer a Utah man accused of spying for China a take-it-or-leave-it plea deal. Read more.
Our most read stories:
- How many gifts should a child get for Christmas? Here's what experts say
- More e-scooters could be on the way in Salt Lake City. Here's how residents feel about them so far
- Utah FBS football programs look to sign some top talent during the December signing period
- Movie review: Emily Blunt's practically perfect Mary Poppins saves the magical nanny's 'Return'
- Derrick Favors reacts to Utah Jazz trade rumors involving Jabari Parker: ‘I have fun with it’
A look at our education coverage:Comment on this story
- Alpine School District embarks on new mission to rebuild space center
- Utah suicide prevention groups aim to help college students
- Oquirrh Hills Elementary to close after 3-year effort to improve student achievement falls short
- Meet the Sentinels, the mascot of Jordan School District's newest high school, Mountain Ridge
A look at national headlines:
- Russian 2016 influence operation targeted African-Americans on social media | The New York Times
- ‘Stay well back ... or risk certain death’: Giant waves slam California coast | The Washington Post
- Cybersecurity failures raise threat of 'deadly missile attacks,' Pentagon watchdog says | NBC News
- A 'no-deal' Brexit might look like this | NBC News
- On anniversary of China’s reforms, Xi doubles down on party power | The New York Times