SALT LAKE CITY — Jennifer Lopez recently opened up to People magazine about her new family life with Alex Rodriguez.
What happened: Lopez told People she thought it was important for her and Rodriguez’s children to feel comfortable being a family. Lopez has a pair of 10-year-old twins from when she was married to Marc Anthony. Meanwhile, Rodriguez, who is divorced, has two daughters, Natasha and Ella.
- Lopez said the two families clicked.
- “Kids are so beautiful and open to love and new friends,” she said. “I was so loving to his kids and he was so loving and accepting of mine, and they embraced each other right away. (It was) ‘I get a new bonus brother and sisters to hang out with all the time and it’s nice.’”
- Rodriguez said he’s pleased, too.
- “Our kids have become best friends, and that keeps us both grounded and appreciative,” he says.
- “We couldn’t have asked for anything better than the four of them getting along as they do."
Working with family: Lopez said on “The Tonight Show” that she directed her daughter in the music video for her song “Limitless,” which appears on the soundtrack for her comedy “Second Act.”Comment on this story
- "No, no, no, I die. I die. I die. Finally, she's like, 'Mom, I can do it,' and I'm like, 'Oh God,'" Lopez said, according to E! Online. "I said no for a long time and then finally I said yes, and I said, 'Baby, are you sure? You can't, halfway through, say you're tired. We have to do it.' When I tell you, she was so amazing and I was so proud. I forgot that I was directing my first video, it was all about her. It was all about her.
- "And when you see the video, it's so empowering for, just to see her doing this but, like, for women," Lopez continued. "It talks about being limitless, it talks about having second acts, it's a beautiful message as well, and great to share with her, doing that. We really bonded."