Screenshot via GoFundMe 
A historic storefront caught fire Thursday, sending a wall of flames through a gallery and into a real estate office.

SPRINGVILLE — A historic storefront caught fire Thursday, sending a wall of flames through a gallery and into a real estate office.

Bill Brown, owner of the businesses, estimates the gallery is total loss worth $200,000. He said 60 paintings also were damaged, though they have not been appraised or insured.

"I'm really disappointed," Brown said. "That's a lot of years of work."

Springville Police Lt. Warren Foster said it's not clear what sparked the fire between the first and second floors at Brown House of Fine Arts. Police started receiving reports of the fire about 11:30 a.m. Thursday, Foster said.

He didn't have a dollar figure but said the building, originally constructed in 1895, sustained "significant damage." The blaze made its way into Bill Brown Realty north of the gallery but stopped there.

Comment on this story

Brown had tenants in three apartments upstairs that also sustained damage and were condemned after the fire. A GoFundMe page was set up to help the renters, which include his granddaughter, buy necessities and find a new home.

The businesses downstairs were connected by a hallway in the structure originally built as a butcher and clothing shop.

Several crews from neighboring Utah County cities responded to fight the fire. Authorities investigating Thursday said it wasn't clear if an electrical issue was to blame.

Brown said the buildings were insured, and that he will consider restoring the facade to its original 1890s style.