Scott G Winterton
FILE - Tyler and Piper Smith take a hike with their daughter Josie on the trails above the University of Utah Tuesday, Oct. 7, 2014.

SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Division of Parks and Recreation is seeking a representative to serve on the Utah Recreational Trails Advisory Council.

An at-large representative is needed to act in the interests of nonmotorized trail participants statewide. Applications will be accepted through Friday, Aug. 14.

Comment on this story

The 10 member council consists of individuals representing hikers, bicyclists, equestrians, cross-country skiers, the Utah League of Cities and Towns, the Utah Association of Counties, the U.S. Forest Service, the Bureau of Land Management, the National Park Service Rivers, Trails and Conservation Assistance Program, and the at-large member representing nonmotorized trails participants.

Council members are appointed to a four-year term by the Utah State Parks Board.

For more information or to apply, contact Chris Haller, the division’s Recreational Trails Program administrator, by email at [email protected] or at 801-349-0487.