Matt Rourke, AP
Philadelphia Fire Department arson dog Chance chews a rawhide bone after a ceremony marking his retirement in Philadelphia, Thursday, Oct. 26, 2017. The nearly 9-year-old canine was a member of the Arson and Explosives Task Force and has responded to about 900 fire scenes in his career. (AP Photo/Matt Rourke)

Careful about buying your dog bone treats.

The Food and Drug Administration released a warning this week for dog owners to avoid bone treats after it received more than 68 reports about 90 different dogs suffering illnesses.

The illnesses included 15 deaths that were all connected to bone treats, which include all the prepackaged treats.

The FDA listed “Ham Bones,” “Pork Femur Bones,” “Rib Bones” and “Smokey Knuckle Bones” as potentially dangerous treats.

The bones often contain preservatives, flavorings and seasonings, according to the FDA.

The illnesses include choking, cuts and wounds, vomiting, diarrhea, bleeding and death in some cases.

“Giving your dog a bone treat might lead to an unexpected trip to your veterinarian, a possible emergency surgery, or even death for your pet,” Carmela Stamper, a veterinarian in the Center for Veterinary Medicine at the FDA, said in the administration’s announcement.

Chicken bones can cause injuries, too, so pet owners should remain diligent about what bones they’re feeding their pets during the holiday season, CNN reported. Families may want to avoid putting bones in the trash, too, so they’re kept out of the reach of dogs.

Families concerned with their pets should contact a veterinarian, according to People magazine.

“If you are concerned about what treats and toys are safe for your pet, consult your vet for advice on which products fit your dog’s size and temperament,” People magazine reported. “Even when giving your dog a new, vet-approved product, it is always wise to monitor how your pup interacts with a new toy or treat to ensure there aren’t any issues."