The Manchester Monarchs scored two third-period goals to break a 2-1 score and beat the Utah Grizzlies, 4-1, on Saturday night at Maverik Center.

“It's been the same story the last bunch of games,” said head coach and General Manager Tim Branham. “I thought today we played really well, especially the first 50 minutes of the game. I thought we came out strong; we pushed the pace. I thought we outplayed them; had 15 shots in the first period though no goals to show for it. (We) came out strong in the second (and) had a goal scored by our defense. (We) had a bad bounce on the power play that turned into a goal, and then they got another quick one after that.”

Utah outshot Manchester, 15-6, in the first and made it 1-0 on its 16th shot of the game 20 seconds into the second period as Chris Leibinger went to the front of the net with Sam Windle and Ryan Misiak picking up assists. The Grizzlies then killed two penalties in a 4:10 span to hold the lead before the Monarchs scored on a shorthanded breakaway after a puck bounced as the Grizzlies moved it back to the point.

“If we can emulate the game we played tonight, we will have some positive results,” said Branham.

Forty-eight seconds later Manchester added another goal to make it 2-1, 8:18 into the second period.

Utah outshot Manchester, 37-30, in the game, but it was unable to add a second goal to tie before Manchester scored at 11:36 and 15:26 of the third period.

“At the end of the day, the problem is we haven't been scoring goals. It's back to the drawing board for us. It's a funny game. It's all about confidence.

"When we get going, we will score in bunches. The chances are there. The rebounds are there. We just need to capitalize.”

Kevin Carr dropped just his second regulation start in his last 10 starts for the Grizzlies turning aside 26-of-30 shots.

The Grizzlies return to action Friday and Saturday in Colorado. Faceoff each night is scheduled for 7 p.m.

The Grizzlies return home Monday, Dec. 4, to host Idaho for a Maverik Monday.