The Colorado Eagles defeated the Utah Grizzlies, 4-3, in overtime Saturday night at Maverik Center before 6,405 fans.

The post-game jersey auctioned raised nearly $18,000 with all proceeds going to the Angel's Hands Foundation as the Grizzlies wore Anaheim Ducks themed uniforms.

Nearly 200 dogs attended the game with their owners for the team's first Pooch on the Pond of the season.

Utah erased a 3-0 deficit to force the game past regulation and earn at least a standings point for the 10th time in the past 12 games as Utah has collected 16 of 24 standings points in that stretch.

“We came out and played a good game, a very spirited game,” said head coach and General Manager Tim Branham. “Kevin Carr settled down and made some big saves toward the end of the game.”

The Grizzlies took seven of the first nine shots in the first period, and the first seven shots of the second period, but somehow found themselves down 3-0 as Colorado scored on their first two power-play chances after taking a one-goal lead.

“This team has the ability,” said Branham. “We have played really good hockey. We need to start cashing in on scoring chances. We are doing everything right; we are just not putting the puck in the net at the right times. We showed a lot of heart; showed a lot of character in front of the great fans today. I'm proud of the group, however, we need to be better. We just need to get a little better each day.”

Taylor Richart’s team-leading seventh goal of the season 41 seconds after Colorado took that 3-0 lead got the Utah rally started as he scored from the circle on assists from Ryan Misiak and Ryan Olsen.

Zach Saar got Utah within a goal as he scored from the left circle on a two-on-one feed from Brad Navin 1:41 after the Richart goal and with 6:54 left in the second period.

“Zach Saar has all kinds of ability,” said Branham. “He has a big body, has got great hands, a great release, is tough and is a big boy. If he keeps working hard, he's going to be a good pro player.”

Greger Hanson carried a puck in and jockeyed to the corner before hitting Mitch Jones in the left circle for the equalizer 1:25 into overtime.

Utah goaltender Kevin Carr stopped 12 of the final 13 shots that he saw, including several quality scoring chances in the third period and overtime.