LEHI — Thanksgiving Point presents the 13th annual Tulip Festival at the Ashton Gardens Friday, April 7, through Saturday, May 6.
More than 280,000 tulips in over a hundred unique varieties are spread across the 55-acre Ashton Gardens for the festival. Golf carts, Segways and wheelchairs are also available to rent, if available.
The tulip display is redesigned with flowers imported directly from Holland each year, and at the festival’s conclusion, the bulbs are put on sale for $3 per dozen.
Other activities at the festival include:
• A market in the Waterfall Amphitheater on Fridays and Saturdays featuring vendors from across the state
• Children’s activities — crafts, games, bounce houses and more — on Fridays and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• Half marathon, 5K and kids 1-mile run on Saturday, April 29.
• A swing dance on Friday, April 28, from 6 to 8 p.m.
• A performance by the American Heritage Lyceum Philharmonic on Saturday, May 6.
• Tulip Festival Photo Contest. Professional and amateur photographers are invited to submit their favorite shots from the 2017 festival for a chance to win prizes. Guests need to use the “#tuliparty” hashtag and post to various social media channels to qualify.
Festival hours are 9 a.m. to 8 p.m, Monday-Saturday. Thanksgiving Point members can enjoy an early admission from 8 a.m.-9 a.m. to walk the festival prior to opening each day.
Admission is $20 for adults, $17 for senior citizens and children ages 3-12. Military personnel get a 25 percent discount with valid ID. Entrance is free to Thanksgiving Point members and children under 2 years. The Ashton Gardens is located at 3900 N. Garden Drive. For more information, visit thanksgivingpoint.org.