Salt Lake County Jail
Cody Jackson, 19

SALT LAKE CITY — A man who allegedly held a 14-year-old girl against her will in an Ohio apartment for nearly five months after meeting her on Facebook was arrested last week in Utah, court documents state.

Cody Jackson, 19, was arrested Oct. 8 at a Greyhound bus station in Salt Lake City after being contacted by Drug Enforcement Administration agents conducting preventative "interdiction enforcement" there, according to Salt Lake County Jail arrest records.

Jackson, of Norwood, Ohio, faces a federal charge after allegedly raping his victim repeatedly, impregnating her and keeping her with him using a set of abusive rules between March and August. He was charged in U.S. District Court in Salt Lake City with coercion and enticement of a minor to engage in illegal sexual activity.

The case has since been moved to federal court in Ohio. Jackson may face additional criminal charges there because of the various allegations against him in the federal complaint filed by the U.S. Attorney's Office.

Jackson contacted the girl over Facebook in February, according to the complaint. The court document says he told the girl he wanted to have a child with her. Jackson allegedly arranged to meet with the girl at his apartment multiple times per week for the next three weeks and had sex with the girl.

After an early March visit, Jackson allegedly wouldn't allow the girl to return home. He reportedly disallowed the girl from leaving the apartment unless she was with him or had his permission. Jackson also forbade the girl from using the restroom, showering, eating or contacting her family without his permission, according to his charges.

The girl was also reportedly told not to refuse sex with Jackson, make eye contact with or talk to other men, sing or hum songs sung by men, sleep while Jackson was awake or look outside any windows or doors. Jackson allegedly required the girl to bathe him as well.

Jackson abused the victim verbally and physically when she didn't follow those rules and had sex with her almost every day despite her many objections, court records say. The abuse reportedly lessened but didn't stop after he found out she was pregnant with his child.

Jackson later brought in another person to live at the apartment — the 20-year-old mother of his child, court documents say. Jackson also allegedly abused the woman and required her to run errands and keep an eye on the 14-year-old girl.

Jackson pleaded guilty to reduced charges in a kidnapping case on July 31. Two victims in that case told police they were willingly traveling the country with Jackson, but that he began to control and abuse them.

Jackson allegedly fled to South Carolina the day after pleading guilty. The girl and woman at his apartment reported they waited a day to see if he would return before making their escape.

Jackson remained on the run and continued to contact the teen over Facebook, telling her he would kill her and her family if she didn't send him nude photos of herself, charges state.

Jackson originally lied to DEA detectives in Salt Lake about his identity, then fled from them and was apprehended after a short foot chase, according to jail records. He was booked into jail on a federal arrest warrant out of Ohio and on suspicion of fleeing from police and providing false information to an officer.

Twitter: benlockhartnews