A 21-year-old man accused of kidnapping two women and attempting to kill one of them, after buying her breakfast, was arrested by Salt Lake City police.

SALT LAKE CITY — Police arrested a man investigators say may have picked up a woman at random promising her breakfast, and then attempted to kill her over a money dispute.

The bizarre case played out over two counties Wednesday and involved at least three law enforcement agencies and another woman who may also be a kidnap victim.

Jeremy Deangilo Storm, 21, was arrested for investigation of attempted murder, two counts of kidnapping and fleeing.

The incident began about 8:30 a.m. when Storm picked up a woman in the area of the Salt Lake City homeless shelter "using the ruse of going to breakfast at McDonald's," 210 W. 500 South, according to a Salt Lake County Jail report.

As of Thursday, Salt Lake police detective Cody Lougy said Storm and the woman appeared to have met each other for the first time that morning.

After she was in Storm's vehicle, he locked all the doors and refused to let her go, the report stated.

A short time later, Storm located a second woman in the downtown area, whom he may have known previously, and forced her at gunpoint into the car, Lougy said.

The second woman's boyfriend may have owed Storm money, according to the jail report.

He drove the two women to Olympic Ski Jump area in Park City where police say he attacked the first woman, "trying to twist her head in an attempt to break her neck," the report stated. While doing this, he forced the second woman to help him by holding the first woman, according to the jail report. Storm stopped the alleged attack "due to bleeding and shouts for help," according to the jail report

The trio then drove to a second location in Park City, an apartment complex, where Storm allegedly tried to stab the first woman with a knife, according to police.

"She was fighting for her life," Lougy said.

That woman was able to get out of the vehicle and run to a group of people who helped her and called 911. The second woman remained in Storm's vehicle because she was, "afraid to leave the car" due to Storm's constant threats, according to the jail report.

Storm's vehicle, an orange Chevy Avalanche, was spotted by a Utah Highway Patrol trooper near Parley's Summit a short time later. He trooper followed the vehicle down the canyon to the 3300 South exit off I-215 where Storm hit two other vehicles, Lougy said. He then crashed in a Millcreek cul-de-sac and ran off. Unified police helped surround the area and Storm was taken into custody with the help of residents who spotted him.

Methamphetamine and marijuana were found in Storm's vehicle. Both women were treated at local hospitals and released.

Although investigators believe Storm met the first woman for the first time that day, he told detectives he was "intentionally targeting" her and "trying to kill her by breaking her neck and then stabbing her," according to the jail report.

Utah Court records show Storm took a plea in abeyance to assault, a class B misdemeanor, in 2011. But after failing to show up for his required counseling sessions, a warrant was issued, his plea was changed to guilty and he served the remainder of his jail sentence.

Email: [email protected], Twitter: DNewsCrimeTeam