1 of 2
, Salt Lake County Jail
Davis Fotu, 33, was arrested Sunday night in connection with a triple homicide in Midvale last month. He was booked for investigation of obstruction of justice.

MIDVALE — A second man wanted in connection with a triple homicide a month ago didn't surrender without putting up a fight Sunday.

Unified police officers had been looking for Davis Romney Fotu, 33, for about a month since three people were shot to death and a woman critically injured Feb. 12 at 8286 S. Adams St. (450 West).

About 8 p.m. Sunday, officers accompanied federal probation officers to 3962 S. 2700 East to "check on a probationer in regards to a narcotics complaint," according to Unified police.

After entering the house, the officers recognized another man in the residence as Fotu. As police tried to arrest him, Fotu did not comply with their demands and physically resisted them, forcing one of the officers to deploy a Taser on him, said Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal.

Fotu was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of obstruction of justice in connection to the triple homicide, though Hoyal declined to say Monday what role investigators believe Fotu played in the crime.

But according to a Salt Lake County Jail report, Fotu may have provided David Fresques with a getaway vehicle. Police say Fresques uses the street name "Twisted."

"Information was gathered that led me to believe that Davis Fotu allowed and gave 'Twisted' (an) operable motor vehicle that provided 'Twisted' with transportation and means to avoid apprehension," the report states.

Fresques has already been charged with three counts of aggravated murder for his alleged role in the slayings. A couple of hours after the shooting, the car Fresques was believed to be driving was found abandoned in the parking lot of a nearby Motel 6, 7263 S. Catalpa Road.

Fotu was also arrested Sunday on warrants related to an incident three days before the homicides. Police say Fotu and another man were at a Salt Lake motel when they were asked to leave by a security guard. After a heated exchange, the guard was punched, knocked to the ground and stomped in the head.

Fotu, a documented gang member, previously spent eight years in prison on a pair of aggravated assault charges.

E-mail: preavy@deseretnews.com, Twitter: DNewsCrimeTeam