1 of 2
Geoff Liesik, Deseret News
Deputy state fire marshal Mike Young, center, talks with Roosevelt firefighters inside the burned out front room of the mobile home where Darlene Allgood, 50, died Saturday, June 2, 2012. Roosevelt Fire Chief Lee Rockwood said investigators believe the fire was accidental.

ROOSEVELT — A woman was found dead inside a mobile home that caught fire early Saturday morning, officials said.

Firefighters recovered the body of Darlene Allgood, 50, after working to control a fire that began around 5:30 a.m. at 400 E. 600 North, said Roosevelt Fire Chief Lee Rockwood.

When crews arrived at the scene, flames were shooting 20 to 30 feet into the air from the center of the home, the chief said.

"We never did go inside the fire," he said.

It took firefighters about 30 minutes to knock the blaze down enough that they could enter the home and search it.

Allgood's body was discovered in the family room of the trailer.

"It appears possibly (she) stood up to try to get out and possibly went down from the heat and smoke," Rockwood said.

Fire officials believe the fire was accidental, however, their investigation is still ongoing. The trailer and its contents were a total loss, Rockwood said.

"There's not a whole lot they'll salvage," he said. "There's stuff in a couple of bedrooms, but the heat and smoke damage is bad enough they won't get much out."

Allgood was a mother of four and a grandmother of seven.

Benjamin Wood, Geoff Liesik

Twitter: GeoffLiesik