GRANTSVILLE — A 58-year-old man cleaning port-a-potties near MagCorp and ATI was taken to the hospital Thursday after being overcome by a smell.

Tooele County sheriff's deputies say the man didn't pass out, but "went faint a little bit" while cleaning port-a-potties before 8 a.m.

Investigators were trying to determine Thursday exactly where the man was when he was overcome. They say he was somewhere between the MagCorp Magnesium Chloride Plant and ATI Titanium when a chlorine smell overtook him.

The man was transported by ambulance to a local hospital as a precaution. It was unknown Thursday whether the smell that caused the man to almost faint came from one of the nearby plants or the port-a-potty.

Pat Reavy Twitter: DNewsCrimeTeam