BURLEY, Idaho-- Carl M.. Van Tassell, 79 year old Burley resident, died Sept. 27, 2000 at his home in Burley peacefully.

He was born Nov-ember 14, 1920 in Vernal, Utah to Henry Owen and Florence Sidney Moon Van Tassell. He graduated from Uintah High School in 1939 in Vernal, Utah.

He married Elda Marchant on March 23, 1944 in the Salt Lake LDS Temple.

He was a farmer and dairyman. He was the Probation Officer for the Ute Indian Tribe from 1966 to 1975 and was a Board Member of Utah Farm Production Credit and President of the Duchesne County Farm Bureau.

They lived in Tabiona, Bridgeland and Myton, Utah moving to Burley on Nov. 1, 1975.

He was a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, serving as Bishop for 11 1/2 years in Bridgeland Ward in Utah. He was on the High Council, Branch Mission President in Randlett, Utah, and Young Men's President and had served a mission to the North Central States Mission from 1942 to 1944 and served six other subsequent missions throughout his life.

His enthusiasm for life and genuine concern for others together with impeccable moral standards were highly favorable and deeply respected. He left as impression upon all who had the opportunity of associating with him and his family.

He is survived by his wife, Elda, of Burley; five sons: Boyd M. (Pat) Van Tassell of Vernal, Utah; Kent Van Tassell of Dietrich, Idaho; Rulon E. (Paula) Van Tassell of Burley; Carl M. Jr. (Joan) of Rupert and Chad (Gina ) Van Tassell of Heyburn; one brother, Glen Van Tassell of Neola, Utah; 27 grandchildren and 18 great-grandchildren.

He was preceded in death by his parents; three brothers William ( Bill) Van Tassell, Dailey Van Tassell and Cliff Van Tassell; one sister Evelyn Wyman and a daughter-in-law Amalia.

Funeral services will be held 12 noon Monday, October 2, 2000 at the Oakley Stake Center with Rulon E. Van Tassell officiating. Burial will follow at the Marion Cemetery in Oakley, Idaho. Friends may call Sunday evening from 6-8 p.m. at Hansen Mortuary Burley Chapel 321 East Main Street and one hour prior to the service on Monday at the church. The family suggests the memorials be directed to the LDS general mission fund.