GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip — A senior Hamas official says the Palestinian militant group will continue its attacks on Israel and will not accept any cease-fire deal that does not meet its demands.
Sami Abu Zuhri said Wednesday in press conference that Hamas feels "alone in the field" with little support from the Arab world.
He called on Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, of the rival Fatah faction in the West Bank, to support Hamas' refusal of an Egyptian cease-fire deal.
Hamas is demanding the easing of border closures and the release of former Hamas prisoners released by Israel in a 2011 prisoner exchange and rearrested by Israel last month in the West Bank.
The statement comes as the two sides target each other with airstrikes and rockets for a ninth day.