NEW ORLEANS — Police in New Orleans now say there were 10 people injured during a weekend gunfight on Bourbon Street.
Police updated the number Monday afternoon, reporting that they are now counting a man who had walked into a police station in a district neighboring the French Quarter Sunday afternoon, almost 12 hours after the shootings. The man said he had been shot on Bourbon Street that morning. He had a minor chest wound and refused medical attention.
Police are still searching for the two men who exchanged gunfire about 2:45 a.m. Sunday. Five people remain hospitalized, one in critical condition.
The identities and home towns of the victims haven't been released. Police said there were six woman and four men hit, ranging in age from 17 to 39.