RICHFIELD — Going into the fourth quarter of Thursday night's 2A girls quarterfinal clash between Enterprise and South Summit, it was anybody's ballgame.

Then the Wolves' Ryley Lyman, Taylor Phelps, Anden Lyman, Dakota Robinson, Jaycee Reber and Summer Terry joined forces to make sure it was their ballgame.

Tied at 23 entering the final period, Ryley Lyman and Phelps scored five points apiece down the stretch, Reber hit three big free throws and Robinson scored a tie-breaking putback bucket as Enterprise emerged with a 38-33 victory over the Wildcats at the Sevier Valley Center.

With the win, Enterprise (12-10) advances to tonight's 2A championship semifinals against North Sevier. South Summit (15-7), which saw its 12-game winning streak snapped despite a superb fourth-quarter performance by sophomore Alisha Lewis, moves into the consolation bracket against Kanab.

"It was rough," Enterprise coach Brian Phelps said. "They out-hustled us that first half; I thought they out-hustled us and out-worked us. We challenged them at half to reverse that, and I thought they did.

"We changed our defense in the second half. We have two different hybrids that we run, and we went to a different hybrid to try and stop that interior cut, and I thought it was a lot better."

Rylee Lyman, a slender freshman, scored nine points to pace a balanced Enterprise attack. Taylor Phelps scored eight, Anden Lyman added seven more, and Robinson and Reber contributed six points apiece to the Wolves' cause.

"Those two have been leading us all year," Coach Phelps said of Ryley Lyman and Taylor Phelps. "And I thought Summer Terry did a really good job defensively. She doesn't score a lot, but she did a really good job defensively."

Lewis led South Summit with a game-high 15 points, including all 10 of her team's points in the fourth quarter, including three putback baskets that helped keep the Wildcats in contention. But no other South Summit player scored more than four.

After Lewis scored to make it 25-23 early in the fourth, Ryley Lyman made 1-of-2 free throws and Taylor Phelps got loose behind the South Summit defense for a layup that lifted the Wolves into a 26-25 lead.

Lewis' putback-and-one put the Wildcats back on top, 28-26, with 5 1/2 minutes remaining, but Ryley Lyman scored four consecutive points to help Enterprise regain the lead, 30-28.

A tough shot in the lane by Lewis tied it at 30, but Robinson's putback broke the tie and put Enterprise ahead for good. Then Taylor Phelps broke free again for another fast-break layup that made it 34-31.

"Yeah, those were big," Taylor Phelps said of her ability to sneak upcourt behind the Wildcats following a South Summit missed shot and getting an easy layup. "They were really pressing our rebounders, so our people were looking up the floor really well tonight.

"We weren't really looking up the floor very well earlier, but we started playing together more in the second half."

Reber's two free throws pushed the Wolves' advantage to 36-31, and after yet another putback bucket by Lewis, Taylor Phelps and Reber finished off the 'Cats with free throws in the closing seconds.

Looking ahead to today's semifinal showdown with North Sevier, Taylor Phelps is expecting a fierce dogfight.

"We beat 'em by 15 earlier this season," she said, "but this will be a tough game and anything can happen at state."