A police videotape of the 1986 abduction of hostages at the LDS Church's Washington, D.C., Temple included audio of a man threatening to blow up the building, prosecutors said Thursday.

The man speaking on the tape was Clarence Leake, Centreville, Va., prosecutors told the jurors. Leake is on trial in Montgomery County Circuit Court, charged with two counts of kidnapping and two counts of assault and possession of a handgun in connection with the incident at the Washington Temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints"If you don't hold your people back, you'll have trouble finding the pieces of this building," a man identified as Leake is heard saying to police on the videotape played to the jurors. "If you cross that line, we'll all go up to kingdom come. We'll probably all end up in the same place. Everyone wants to go to heaven, but no one wants to die to get there."

The court will complete showing of the tape on Friday.

Leake's trial will probably run through next week, Judge Peter J. Messittes suggested.

Much of Thursday morning was taken up with motions by reporters to get portions of the courthouse and trial exhibits opened to photography. Judge Messittes had restrained a KSL-TV cameraman from taping Leake in a sheriff's holding area on Tuesday, at the request of the defense. Messittes, responding to the press petition, lifted the order but continued its effect until Monday to allow the defense to appeal.

Defense and prosecution attorneys delivered opening arguments Wednesday, at the trial of Leake, 30.

One of the men Leake took hostage testified that Leake told him during the temple siege that he had planned the takeover for months. Joseph Mendez, 21, a temple security officer, was held by Leake at gunpoint for more than 12 hours inside the temple. He said the defendant also told him he had watched temple personnel for five hours before entering the building.

Mendez said Leake tried to use him as a "shield" by crouching behind him after he became aware that the police SWAT team had come to the seventh floor.

Mendez said that when Leake was tying him up, Leake threatened him with his gun, saying if Mendez twitched he would die. Leake also said the security guard would be the first to die if the lights went out or if the police stormed the temple, Mendez said.

Mendez said he counted 66 or 67 bullets that Leake had put on the floor that were rounds for two handguns. Mendez said he had counted the bullets as a way to keep calm.

No one was injured in the incident and Leake surrendered to Montgomery County police after about 16 hours.

Mendez and temple volunteer Carl Olson, 65, who was also held by Leake, said Leake told them he was upset with his LDS bishop, Gale Brimhall, of the Langley Ward, over denial of his temporary temple recommend.

The prosecutor, Assistant State's Attorney John McCarthy, said he believes Leake entered the temple with a handgun because he resented losing the recommend.

Leake was convicted earlier in 1986 of stealing tools from an employer with whom he was angry, an incident McCarthy said was similar in intent to the temple situation. The state contends Leake, who has pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity, was sane at the time.

His defense counsel, provided by the state, contends Leake was suffering grandiose delusions and paranoia. Leake has said in court that he was in the temple to cleanse it for the Lord.

Judge Peter J. Messittes ruled on Tuesday that Leake was mentally competent to stand trial. A panel of six state psychiatrists and psychologists reported Leake was competent but not "criminally responsible." He faces being sent to a state mental hospital if found not guilty by reason of insanity.