To keep your pup in on the holiday feast without feeding him harmful turkey scraps, look to these Christmas-themed treats. Both recipes are dog-friendly, budget-friendly, quick and fun ways to show your dog some extra love. Recipes found at www.associatedcontent.com/article/1069864/doggie_nog_and_more_homemade_christmas.html?cat=53.
Christmas Mint Barky Bones
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups Bisquick? baking mix
1/2 cup mint chopped leaves
1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
2 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 teaspoons real maple syrup
1. Combine all ingredients in food processor, process until well mixed.
2. Roll out on a floured surface to 1/4- to 1/2-inch thickness.
3. Cut with holiday-shaped cookie cutters. Place on non-stick cookie sheet.
4. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
5. Cool and store in air-tight container.
Puppy Dog Egg Nog
1 cup vanilla yogurt
1 cup whole milk
1 tablespoon real maple syrup
Blend all ingredients, sprinkle nutmeg on top and chill. Serve in holiday doggie bowls.