Schedules and other facts on the 178th Semiannual General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, which convenes this weekend:
Saturday and Sunday. The Saturday general sessions will be at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. Sunday sessions will be at 9:30 a.m. (which includes the "Music and the Spoken Word" program) and 2 p.m. The general priesthood meeting is 6 p.m. Saturday.
Tickets are required for admission to all sessions in the Conference Center. To obtain tickets, please contact your local priesthood leader.
Admission to the Conference Center is limited to those ages 8 or older for general sessions and 12 years and older for the priesthood session. No babies, please.
Wheelchair seating is available. Patrons who require such seating should inform Guest Services when they arrive. Interpretation by an American Sign Language interpreter is available. Language-translation headsets are available.
Sunday dress is encouraged.
For general conference sessions, the Conference Center doors open 90 minutes before the session start time.
The Utah Transit Authority will offer expanded TRAX service for conference.
Thousands of satellite channels in more than 80 nations will receive the signal. The talks will be translated into more than 80 languages.
Go to www.bonneville.info and click on "General Conference" for a complete list of TV, radio or satellite reception options for all 50 states, plus Canada and Bermuda.
• On Salt Lake area TV: All four general sessions will be broadcast live on KSL-Ch. 5 and on cable/satellite channel BYU TV.
KBYU-Ch. 11 will repeat the morning sessions at noon and the afternoon sessions at 4 p.m.
Salt Lake-area TV channels 50, 51 and 57 will offer Spanish language broadcasts of conference.
• On the radio: KSL Newsradio (AM-1160/FM-102.7) and KBYU (FM-89.1/89.5) will air all four general sessions live.
KSRR (Orem, AM-1400); KQMB (Orem, FM-96.7); KSUB/KSSD (Cedar City, AM-590); KMTI/KMGR (Manti, AM-650/FM-95.9); KSVC (Richfield, AM-980); KDXU (St. George, AM-890); and KVNU (Logan, AM-610) also will air conference general sessions live.
• On satellite: The church will be using Galaxy 17, Transponder 04 for an analog signal. It will have Galaxy 23, Transponder 11 for digital.
DirecTV will air conference on BYU-TV, Ch. 374. For Dish Network, BYU-TV will be on Ch. 9403.
• On the Web: Live Internet video streams will be available on www.lds.org in English, Spanish, Portuguese and American Sign Language. An additional video stream with Windows media will be available in French.
KSL-TV Ch. 5 will broadcast seven special programs in between conference sessions and afterward:
• Saturday, Oct. 4: "Saints of the Friendly Islands" (noon to 1 p.m.), "President Thomas S. Monson" LDS Church production (1 to 2 p.m.), "Mormon Myths" (4 to 4:30 p.m.) and "Knowing Emma" (4:30 to 5 p.m.)
• Sunday, Oct. 5: "A Temple in Panama" (noon to 1 p.m.); "President Thomas S. Monson: A Man of Service" KSL production (1 to 2 p.m.) and "Footsteps of Faith" (4 to 4:30 p.m.)