1 of 2
Deseret News Archives
The Provo Tabernacle, at 100 S. University Ave., is actually the second of two tabernacles that occupied the same city block. The "old tabernacle," also called the Provo meetinghouse, was dedicated in 1867 but deemed "too small" by President Brigham Young. Construction on a new building began in 1883 and was completed in 1898, and the old tabernacle was dismantled beginning in 1918.

The Provo Tabernacle, at 100 S. University Ave., is actually the second of two tabernacles that occupied the same city block. The "old tabernacle," also called the Provo meetinghouse, was dedicated in 1867 but deemed "too small" by President Brigham Young. Construction on a new building began in 1883 and was completed in 1898, and the old tabernacle was dismantled beginning in 1918.