Online registration for locals-only ticket packages for the 2009 Sundance Film Festival begins Tuesday.
The registration process is required for those who want to buy ticket packages for the festival. It provides Utahns with the earliest opportunity to select screening tickets and offers customized ticket packages and passes at a substantially lower price.
Visit sundance.org/festival to register before Oct. 3.
Available ticket packages are:
• Express Pass B ($2,500), which admits pass holders to all panels and screenings as well as the festival's Awards Night Party.
• The SLC/Ogden Preferred Package ($375), which includes 20 tickets for festival screenings in Salt Lake City and Ogden.
• The Discovery Package ($325), which provides 10 tickets to any festival screenings (excluding premieres).
• The Student Preferred Package ($300), which provides 20 tickets to any festival screenings in Salt Lake City and Ogden. (For eligible college or university students.)
• The Locals Quick Pass ($230), which admits patrons to any festival screening in Salt Lake City or Ogden.
• The Film Lovers Package ($225), which includes 12 tickets to festival screenings or panel discussions.
Package availability is limited. Registrants must provide a valid Utah driver's license number. Limit is one package per person.
The 2009 Sundance Film Festival runs Jan. 15-25 in a variety of Utah locations throughout Salt Lake City, Park City, Ogden and at the Sundance resort in Provo Canyon.
As always, the event will feature the independent film competition for best dramatic and documentary films, world and regional premieres, international cinema, panel discussions with appearances by leading figures in the film industry and other special events.
The festival also announced that online registration for in-person, advance-sales festival tickets will begin Dec. 2.
E-mail: [email protected]