Our 16th annual Itty Bitty Salt Lake City contest proves again that less is more, or at least more confusing. Once again we invite you to find the places that match our itty bitty fragments of downtown architecture, signs, statues and icons.
The 2008 Itty Bitty Salt Lake City first prize winner will receive a weekend on the town, including a night for two at the Hotel Monaco, a $100 gift certificate to Ruth's Chris Steak House, two tickets to "Noises Off" at Pioneer Theatre Company, a $30 Gastronomy gift certificate, and a Megaplex gift package.
Second prize: a light pink and lavender pearl necklace with a diamond clasp designed by David Yurman, valued at $625, courtesy of O.C. Tanner.
Third prize: Two tickets to the University of Utah vs. TCU football game, plus two hospitality passes and a $50 gift certificate to FANZZ from the Utah Jazz.
Fourth prize: Two all-day mountain bike rentals courtesy of Canyon Sports, and a $25 gift certificate to Sam Weller's Zion Bookstore.
1. Match the Itty Bitty clues pictured on this page with the real thing. All items can be found in the 20-block downtown area bordered by South Temple and 400 South, 300 East and 200 West, including both sides of all boundary streets. Everything pictured here can be seen from the outside, but you will need to get out of your car to find them. Remember that just because you don't see something as you walk in one direction, doesn't mean you won't see it if you walk in the other other direction.
2. We hope, by the time you try to find the items pictured here, that they haven't been removed, erased, bulldozed or painted over, as has occasionally happened in past years. We have tried to accurately reproduce the colors of the actual items, but the printing process, as well as the time of day the pictures were taken (compared to when you view them) might result in clues that aren't 100 percent accurate. We apologize for any frustration or blisters this may cause.
3. Identity the exact location of each clue street address, name of the building or park, etc.
4. Include your name, address, daytime phone number and/or e-mail address.
5. Send ONE ENTRY PER HOUSEHOLD to:
Itty Bitty Salt Lake City
P.O. Box 1257
Salt Lake City UT 84110
6. Entries must be postmarked no later than Monday, Oct. 6, 2008. Winners will be announced in this section on Tuesday, Oct. 21.
7. All correct entries will be included in a random drawing for prizes.
8. No purchase is necessary. You can obtain extra copies of the contest page at the Deseret News, 30 E. 100 South, 4th floor, during business hours.9. Entries may not be submitted in the name of others who did not participate in your search. Employees or family members of employees, agents and correspondents of the Deseret News and MediaOne are prohibited from participating.